- Our Governing Board
- Message from the Director
- A LOOK BACK 2011/12
- Our Programs
- Food Distribution
- In the news
- Contact us
- Delta County TRIAD/RSVP
- Links to Other Agencies
- Annual Report 2011/12
- MDSCAA Calendars
- Client Services: Please Call Ahead
- Walk for Warmth 2013
- Walk for Warmth 2014
Client Services: Please Call Ahead
|<<MDSCAA Calendars||Walk for Warmth 2013>>|
Once you contact MDSCAA Client Services, we will do our very best to serve you in a timely and caring manner. Please understand you will first need to contact us for an appointment. We will do our best to determine, in a timely manner, if you qualify for programs or services.
The Menominee-Delta-Schoolcraft Community Action Agency/Human Resources Authority is part of an important network of local services that help residents facing short- or long-term financial difficulties.
Rest assured we will do everything possible to support you as you struggle financially due to occurrences beyond your control or if you find yourself in an unexpected situation.
If you wish to contact us for assistance YOU WILL NEED TO CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT. During that appointment we will do our best to determine, in a timely manner, if you qualify for programs or services.
Our Client Service Centers are available in Menominee, Delta and Schoolcraft counties. Customers should call 786-7080 in Escanaba, 341-2452 in Manistique or 863-3042 in Menominee to make an appointment. Be aware many of our programs require you to first apply with the Department of Human Services.
Some services are available for households (when funding is available):
● Household contents such as a stove or refrigerator (call 786-7080, ext. 129)
● Assistance with prescriptions (not ongoing; call 786-7080, ext. 129)
Seniors seeking heat assistance should go through their local senior center (click HERE for a list). DTE customers need to call 786-7080.
The agency also administers two commodity food programs: one, primarily for senior citizens, is offered on a monthly basis; and the other on a quarterly basis for non-seniors and seniors who qualify. To sign up for the commodity programs, call your local senior center or Manistique Client Service office (341-2452).
► OTHER AGENCIES. Delta County area human services agencies include:
● Salvation Army of Delta County (map), 3001 5th Ave. S., Escanaba, 786-0590
● St. Vincent de Paul Society Service Center (map), 115 N. 8th St., Escanaba, 789-1434
● St. Vincent de Paul Society (map), 816 Delta Ave., Gladstone, 428-9888
● Seventh-day Adventist Community Services Center (map), 210 S. Lincoln Rd., Escanaba, 786-0887. (Food only.)
● Department of Human Services (map), 305 Ludington St., Escanaba (map), 789-4605
Providing opportunities for people of all ages and means
to improve their quality of life through advocacy, education,
housing, nutrition, volunteerism and support services.